Lavender is a Mediterranean shrub which is cultivated for its aromatic flowers in any countries. It is a beautiful herb with many culinary, cosmetic and medicinal uses. It is an effective herb for headaches, especially when they are related to stress. Lavender can be quite effective in relieving the symptoms of depression, especially if used in conjunction with other remedies. As a gentle strengthening tonic for the nervous system, it is used in states of nervous debility and exhaustion.
PROPERTIES: antispasmodic, stimulate and carminative
Parts used: flower
• traditionally, herbalists used Lavender for a variety of conditions of the nervous system
• including depression and fatigue
• it has also been used for headache and rheumatism
• use as an antiseptic dressing for wounds and as a method to get rid of parasites
• use in baths to reduce nervous excitement
• topical uses include acne, burns, cellulite, cold sores, eczema, edema, fatigue, halitosis, headache, infection, insect bites, insect repellent, insect stings, irritability, joint pain, lice, muscle soreness, rheumatism, scabies, scars, snakebites, toothache, vertigo and yeast infections
SUGGESTED DOSAGE: Tincture: 2 to 10 pumps of the spray or 10 to 60 drops three times a day
CONTRA INDICATIONS: None Known
Please note: This information is compiled from traditional and modern herb books, articles and research. This information is summarized for its educational value and should not be used for the diagnosis, treatment, or prevention of disease. It should not be used to replace the services of a qualified practitioner.