TRUE UNICORN ROOT
A bittersweet, soapy tasting, tonic herb that relieves spasm, expecially in the digestive and female pelvic organs.
PROPERTIES: stomachic, female tonic, synergist, emetic, carminative, mild sedative, estrogenic, bitter, spasmolytic
True Unicorn Root (Aletris farinosa)
· used internally for flatulent colic, nervous dyspepsia, anorexia, womb prolapse, and menstrual problems
· used for extreme weakness in the uterine structures
· used in hyperactivity of the womb and ovaries from lack of tone, deficient menstruation, or sterility
· good results have been reported in the treatment of pelvic floor relaxation and prolapse, particularly in older women
· low back pain connected with prolapse also responds well
· may be used with Filipendula or Chamaemelum for indigestion
· its most valuable property is its tonic influence on the female generative organs, proving of great use in cases of habitual miscarriage
SUGGESTED DOSAGE: should be used as directed by a qualified professional practitioner.
Tincture - Spray: 3-6 pumps three times daily.
Extract: ½ tsp 3 times daily.
Contra indications: None found
Please note: This information is compiled from traditional and modern herb books, articles and research. This information is summarized for its educational value and should not be used for the diagnosis, treatment, or prevention of disease. It should not be used to replace the services of a qualified practitioner.