A strongly aromatic herb that stimulates and cleanses the urinary system. The active ingreadient is barosma camphor which is a potent antiseptic and diuretic. A specific for bladder infections.
PROPERTIES: stimulant, antiseptic, tonic, diuretic, anti-inflammatory
Buchu Leaf (Borosma betulina)
· internally for urinary tract infection, especially prostitis and cystitis
· digestive problems, gout and rheumatism
· diuretic action increases elimination of both watery and solid constituents of urine
· lessens over activity of kidneys when there is excessive secretion
· for inflammation of the bladder it is best given cold, for and enlarged prostate it is best given warm
· helps to stop bed wetting, especially when in combination with corn silk
· good addition to the D-Plus formula for elimination of gravel in the kidneys and the urinary tract
· helps with diabetes in the first stages
· decreases inflammation of mucus membranes; in the colon, gums, prostate, sinuses, vagina, etc.
SUGGESTED DOSAGE: should be used as directed by a qualified professional practitioner.
Tincture - Spray: 3-6 pumps three times daily.
Extract: ½ tsp 3 times daily
CAUTION: Do not take when pregnant or with acute inflammation of urinary tract. Do not boil buchu as you will lose the volatile oils.
Please note: This information is compiled from traditional and modern herb books, articles and research. This information is summarized for its educational value and should not be used for the diagnosis, treatment, or prevention of disease. It should not be used to replace the services of a qualified practitioner.